Every business owner that owns a Facebook Page usually wants rapid growth for it because SOMETIMES…..numbers must be shown to people. Nothing new here, right? That’s a marketing/business reality. And Why? Because people CARE and pay attention to numbers. Numbers sell, and they give them the famous social proof which helps people to make a decision.
Now, what if you have very low page likes?
How do truly grow your page fast with hard work?
Yes, I bet you know that publishing high-quality content like articles, images and videos is part of it.
BUT…….what if you’re starting from SCRATCH?
You’re probably realizing that publishing interesting content is not enough, right?
You believe that old rumor “content is king” and keep publishing….and publishing….
And sharing on your networks….
No rapid growth. No brand awareness.
Well, this article is to solve your problem and make you boost your Facebook Business Page as fast as possible. And organically (which means WITHOUT any money).
OK! So here’s how to do facebook marketing to boost your brand and improve your reach with customers.
PS: A lot of hard work is involved
#1. MAKE YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE HAVE A PROFESSIONAL LOOK
The very first thing to do is to make your Facebook Page look very professional. That’s step one. You ned to build the right structure first, so you can show it to the world later. So don’t start bringing traffic to your page UNLESS you look at it and say:
(ok you can say a different thing, but you got the idea)
Check out mine for instance:
Neat right? That’s a pretty awesome page there.
Alright but let’s be practical here because I have a lot to talk about.
What your facebook page MUST have in order to look professional is:
- A Great cover picture
- A Great profile picture
- Only awesome, high-quality and very interesting content published/shared
- The About section filled with all the necessary information (website, phone etc)
- The Services section well detailed so possible customers can understand your offer
These are the 5 basic principles for creating a page that people will voluntarily like.
BUT…..this is…..just the basics. That’s what you need to START.
The rest is below.
Time to talk about the actual strategies.
#2. USE YOUR PAGE ADMINISTRATOR TO PROMOTE YOUR CONTENT ON GROUPS OF YOUR NICHE
If you’re starting from absolute scratch then you need to understand that you’ll have a lot of hard work at the beginning, and one of your standard chores will be to promote your content on every business facebook group that is related to your niche.
Do you sell shoes?
Then enter a lot of entrepreneurial facebook groups and others that would like to see your PRODUCT, like a group about fashion for instance.
Alright, but here’s the level of work involved in this step:
- JOIN NICHE-RELATED GROUPS — Make the right people see your product/service and don’t hold back because you need to expose to as many people as possible at first. Also, joining the right groups will help you trade contact information and see what your competitors are doing and plus, people probably won’t reject you when you talk to them. Also, for marketing purposes, it’s easier to find other pieces of great content to share in your blog posts or website.
- INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND YOUR BUSINESS — Tell people who you are, what is your business, which customers you’re trying to reach and any other particularities that may seem interesting to other people. Introduce yourself without looking needy nor dull. Make it interesting. And it’s important that you don’t be too long or too short in your introduction template, but always aim for the right amount of text. Why? Because a very short description will make no one pay attention to what you’re saying and you’ll not be taken seriously, and a very LONG description will make people lazy and they won’t read it. I would say around 150-300 characters is good enough. Also, remember to use a very eye-catching image so you can cause IMPACT. But regarding the template, I’ll give you an example of it in this section.
- INTERACT WITH OTHERS (COMMENT, LIKE, SHARE) — Remember that you are inside a S-O-C-I-A-L Network so it is time to…..be social! The more you interact with other people the better because everyone will be aware of who you are, and that you’re actually a real person behind the keyboard with a personality and his own crazy ideas. This will make it easier for people to interact with you and your page because they will see how strong and personal is your brand, creating the personal branding effect quickly. Another point is that will be curious about your company and what you do, so connect. Make friends overseas man.
- ADD PEOPLE YOU LIKE — I personally like to add people because I enjoy talking to other entrepreneurs around the globe and I love to hear about their businesses. It’s fun. This Internet thing is very nice for meeting interesting people when you know where to find them, so go make some friends and enjoy. But be careful and don’t be too aggressive when adding unknown faces because eventually SOMEONE WILL say: “HEY! I DON’T KNOW YOU! LEAVE!!”. Yes. It will happen. And they’ll hit the “Delete request” button too which will give a bad sign to facebook about you, so watch it. That’s why you should try to add people who are related to your niche and who also has a similar mindset, so you don’t get blocked by Facebook for a few hours/days. And one final key HINT: Use a cover photo for your administrator profile that states what you are and what you do because it will be easier for people to accept your friend request.
IMPORTANT HINT: Another interesting point is that adding only those who are in the same niche, is that eventually you’ll have so many friends that adding unknown people will be much easier, due to the “X mutual friends” factor. Because the more mutual friends you have with someone you added, the lower is the probability of Facebook getting in the way with the “Do you know this person?” annoying warning.
Alright, now about the INTRODUCTION Template.
Here’s a good example that I used that works:
Hello People 😀
Thanks for adding me [ ADMIN NAME ].
I’m an Entrepreneur, Digital Marketer and a Copywriter working for customers in Brazil, US, UK, Canada, Australia and NZ. I’ve worked with more than 50 clients and my marketing approach is a little more aggressive.
I have been around in the market for no more than 1,5 year and I’m already been having really incredible results. My goal here is to know more about possible new marketing strategies and other entrepreneurs.
If you run a business for more than 1 year, then let’s talk!
Well, nice meeting all of you guys.
Simple template and very objective.
And that’s all that people want to know and also have time to read, since there’s the scientific fact that everybody today doesn’t actually read as much anymore.
These are the steps for this strategy.
And remember to post this Introduction with a very nice, high-quality image to truly draw attention to your post or otherwise you’ll won’t stand out in the crowd.
#3. USE YOUR PAGE TO CREATE RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER FACEBOOK PAGES
This is not about making comments on other people’s pages. No. Forget that idea. What you must do instead is to comment on pages you REALLY like but using your Facebook page as a way to interact with those pages in the comments. Why? Because only by being sincere you’ll NATURALLY demonstrate INTEREST on another facebook page, which will definitely make the page owner like you and let you promote your page indirectly. That’s how it works.
THE RULES TO CREATING RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER FACEBOOK PAGES:
- NEVER promote your own facebook page or your services/products
- Comment to give actual compliments, exposing what you really liked in that post
- Comment to give additional value to the post, because it will enhance the other page
- Send a message to the page owner exposing any flaws or errors (politely) on his page
- Send a message to the page owner giving additional content to help his readers/fans
The more truthful you are and the more help you provide, the faster will be for the page owner to realize you’re a good person and so is your brand. Also, remember that relationships take time as well because we are not robots, so don’t kill yourself in anxiety.
#4. DEFINE A FEW KEY SETTINGS IN YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE
Facebook allows your facebook page to be considered as searchable content and that’s VERY helpful. But in order to get that level of “publicity”, you must do 2 simple things first:
1. VERIFY YOUR PAGE — Use your phone to prove that your page is managed by a real person so it can show up higher in search results. Facebook’s algorithm gives priority to pages that have been verified.
That’s all my friend.
#5. INVITE ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO LIKE YOUR PAGE
This is a technique that works but not as fast as the one above. Why? Because in order to get maximum results from this, you should first remember that you’re ASKING PEOPLE for a favor without giving them anything back.
And people don’t like to give things without earning something back.
No. People like those who care and give attention to them. They respond to those who give value to them.
So for you to get more likes — even from your friends — you must do the following:
- engage with an actual conversation with those you invite
- provide value to them without them asking for it
- build a true bond/relationship
As I said before, it’s hard work.
This is the “slow part” of the process that will eventually pay-off later.
But don’t focus on “How do I manipulate this person?”.No no. Be a REAL PERSON behind your keyboard dammit! Just naturally engage in a conversation and when you see an opening just say something like this:
SIMPLE LIKE REQUEST
“Hey, do you have a Facebook Page of your business? I would like to see what you own.
PS: Here’s mine – https://www.facebook.com/PetersonTeixeiraCompany
If you like the content/page, feel free to add your like to the group :)”
And never do this right away too, prefer to wait for you and the other person to connect before you do this, otherwise, it won’t work as expected. The more actual connections you have the better will be your results.
#6. PROMOTE OTHER PEOPLE’S BUSINESSES IN ALL YOUR MARKETING CHANNELS
This is very effective when you have created a bond with someone else because people like being “The savior”. They like to help and show how good they are. But it isn’t all sunshine and rainbows. There is some subjective stuff involved here which I’ll give it to you next.
The rules for promoting other people’s business:
- Take the initiative but remember to check if the person did the same afterwards
- Make the promotion professional and DO NOT lie or give false reviews
- Grab the best pictures from that person’s business to generate stronger impact
- Tag the business owner so he can see your good intentions
I do this mostly for those businesses I actually like and also, for those I can see a direct benefit from their audience. That’s my approach. And one important thing to remember is to NEVER overshare other people’s brands online because you’ll make their business look like spam, which will end up causing a negative impact on their brand.
That’s why you shouldn’t go beyond 3 times per day when doing this.
Also, the best case scenario for taking this approach is when the PERSON ASK YOU to forward them, possible customers. If you do this after the person made you this type of request, he will be much happier and grateful to you because you’re granting them their own wish.
I made a friend named Steve and I did this for him because I liked his business. Also, I work out a lot in the gym, I do diets and weight lifting, and I understand how hard it is to win in this niche nowadays. There are too many people doing things too. So after I promoted him on my channel first, he returned the favor the next day:
PS: He’s not gay, it is just his last name haha
PS2: Check his fitness website
Share others and they will share you.
#7. MAKE A PARTNERSHIP WITH OTHER PEOPLE TO PROMOTE EACH OTHER’S BUSINESSES ONLINE
This is more like “cold business mode”. The deal is simply to share each other’s brands in every social network that are interesting for both entrepreneurs, in order to get a faster and explosive exposure to new audiences. You can make a deal for Facebook Pages only, Pinterest profiles only etc. Make your deal and be happy.
Regarding the promotion agenda, I personally like to do a 1-Day Deal or a 3-Day Deal just to try out some new audiences. That way I can also check if that level of effort gave me a good ROI or, at least, good brand awareness.
OK. Here are some great rules you can follow for doing this.
- Both will evaluate each other’s businesses for the sake of quality
- Both must share each other’s businesses in ALL our social networks
- Both are free to pick 3 time windows in the day we share each other’s businesses
- Both must provide our own template (no more than 300 chars) and picture to be shared
And one more thing: Use a high-quality image to draw attention when promoting your stuff.
Like this one:
This will make people curious about what you’re offering whilst will make them admire your work instantly, making it easier for them to contact you about how the actual deal works. Don’t forget that design matters for decision making.
And keep in mind this basic rule:
#8. PROMOTE YOUR OWN CONTESTS AND GIVEAWAYS
This is very powerful because…well, people are usually selfish (unfortunately). So the key is to use this as a strategy and use your Facebook Page to make contests which MUST involve your audience and if possible,o outsiders.
THE RULES FOR A POWERFUL CONTEST:
- 1. All rules must be super explicit so the user can yell at you if something goes wrong
- 2. The prize must be really valuable to the eyes of your FANS and not your own eyes
- 3. The contest shouldn’t last more than 5 days or people will lose interest
The last rule is not an ABSOLUT TRUTH but it is a smart rule to follow because most people don’t have enough time to invest into a contest or they lack the determination to pursue the prize. That’s why I recommend short, 1-week contests. But it’s your call.
BUT there’s also Giveaways.
Giveaways can work as a way to EXPOSE your brand for the first time to new users.
THE RULES FOR A GREAT GIVEAWAY:
- 1. Again, make people know all the rules of the giveaway (people must know why someone won)
- 2. The prize must be really valuable to the eyes of your TARGET AUDIENCE and not yours
- 3. Whenever possible give 3 or more giveaways on the same Giveaway Event
Now pay attention because regarding contests you’re speaking directly to your FANS.
But regarding giveaways you’re trying to ATTRACT NEW FANS, so you must try to speak to ALL PERSONAS in your TARGET AUDIENCE.
This is different. Because the contest is usually made to make YOUR FANS feel SPECIAL. Therefore, you may be talking to only 3 out of 10 personas of your target audience. On the other hand, giveaways are more effective for exposure so it is smarter to try to hit all other 7 personas that exist inside your target audience.
The first approach is used to make the INSIDERS play with you.
The second approach is used to bring OUTSIDERS to see your brand.
QUESTION:“Peterson, can you use contests for outsiders and giveaways for insiders?”
ANSWER: Yes, sure. But keep in mind that those tiny things create a CULTURE around your brand and people love to feel special. They love to brag about being part of a group that gives them special gifts and prizes, so if you open those things to the world constantly, you’ll take away that feeling from your fans. You’ll block that thought of “being part of a unique group with unique rewards” in their heads. Also, giving too many giveaways for insiders without demanding some social interactions (social signals are important!) back will make your brand look like a mother, not a company.
#9. SHARE AND EMBED YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE LINK IN YOUR OTHER MARKETING CHANNELS
Since we are at the end, here’s the final strategy: Share/Embed your Facebook Page link on your other platforms. The power of digital marketing lies in having multiple channels interacting with each other and you must use them all in your favor. That’s how you create a kind of marketing ecosystem for your brand.
So in order to get maximum exposure, place your Facebook Page link on:
- 1. Email signatures (yours and on your employees)
- 2. Social Networks bios (Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter etc)
- 3. Articles, Guest Posts and E-books
This will make the world spin faster for you for sure.
Now go test those strategies, ok?
That’s all folks
THE FINAL SECRET: HARDCORE INTERACTION
It will take work and a lot of time to boost your page from Ground Zero to Hero, you can bet on this. But the good news is that once you apply these strategies, every facebook page can be powerfully boosted. Also, remember that YOU MUST INTERACT with other people for these strategies to work really well.
The rest is up to you.
Just put the hard work, publish high-quality content, interact and promote other businesses.
You’ll get there.